We’re looking for a Manager/Senior Manager, Product Marketing & Strategy, with a focus on our Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) services, to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you’ll work to understand our market and partner with functional teams at Flatiron to create winning, cohesive go-to-market strategies. These strategies will differentiate and articulate that Flatiron isn’t just the leading cancer-specific EHR, it’s the platform for better patient experience, a healthier practice, and smarter research.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Growth Product Marketing, your top responsibility is to ensure commercial success of our community oncology-specific products and services. In this role, you will drive the go-to-market strategy for our RCM services to enable growth. You will become the company’s top subject matter expert on our buyers and competitors in the RCM space and translate your analysis of the market into actionable product strategy and product positioning recommendations. You will work closely with Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success teams to identify gaps in product knowledge for new and evolving products and build out strategies and materials to address them. You’ll enable our Sales & Customer Success teams to share our products and services with customers and at industry events. In addition, you’ll also:
- Be the expert on our RCM market, buyers and user personas, and our competition to inform company and product strategy
- Act as the voice of the customer for internal product stakeholders and the voice of the product for external customers
- Develop and execute product positioning and go-to-market strategies for new RCM offerings
- Work closely with Sales to drive Flatiron’s training on how to pitch our services and serve as a subject matter expert in key internal and external meetings
- Create compelling content for marketing campaigns, sales, and industry events that differentiates our products in the market
- Align closely with RCM Operations to identify customer needs and use trends
- Partner cross-functionally with other teams to explore the feasibility of new ideas or research how to enhance and further differentiate existing offerings
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales, customer success, product, and marketing teams at industry events and conferences
Who You Are
You’re a self-starter with 5-7 years of experience working with sales, sales operations, go-to-market strategy, marketing and/or product teams supporting RCM services. You’re excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience in a growth capacity working with RCM in the ambulatory space
- You have a demonstrated ability to perform market analysis and evaluate new services or technologies and make recommendations to pursue
- You have excellent communications and storytelling skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- You have demonstrated experience in project management, analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a passion for developing subject matter expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to execute on different things with minimal direction
- You have driven product positioning creation and developed compelling sales collateral and marketing material
- You are able to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, with particular skill in managing and negotiating with internal stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
- You have a nose for value and can a effectively prioritize competing opportunities and projects and adjust prioritization based on market conditions and feedback from the field
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You’ll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.