Who We Are:
At adMarketplace, we are passionate about improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing user privacy. We are the largest people-led, privacy-safe consumer search marketplace.
Our mantra is to let our winners run. From your first day at AMP, you will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the company. We’re excited about building and innovating new products. We embody our five core values (known as our 5C’s) with everything we do- Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment, and Competitiveness. We believe in continuous professional growth, and offer all our employees career path mapping to ensure no one ever stops learning.
Growing Company. Small, Dynamic Teams. Real Impact.
As a senior quality engineer, you will be using best testing practices and standardized documentation combined with the latest in automation tools. As a member of a small team, you will work closely with members of other departments to help evangelize these best practices. As a company and a QE team, we encourage innovation and collaboration. We aim to leverage each other’s strengths and help each other with our weaknesses. Through our communication style we foster innovation and repay technical debt as a core discipline that’s emblematic of our values.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product, business, and engineering teams to understand product requirements (both business and technical) and create test plans and test cases
- Follow programming best practices to codify manual test cases into automated tests using tools such as RestAssured and Jmeter
- Maintain test infrastructure to ensure validity and reliability of test execution and results
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to create/configure containerized test environments to achieve seamless test integration in local and AWS environments using tools like Jenkins, Docker
- Support the development team to ensure that software meets functionality, performance, and quality requirements
- Be the voice and champion for quality throughout all the SDLC phases
- Monitor and report on metrics to ensure the quality of our features is consistent
- Help mentor and coach junior engineers as they progress in their career
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of test automation using Java
- Experience in testing data pipelines using workflow orchestration tools such as Azkaban / Airflow / ArgoWF
- Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Solr / ElasticSearch
- Solid understanding of API based feature delivery
- Working knowledge of SQL and databases
- Excellent communication, documentation, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with some of the common performance test tools, e.g. Gatlings
- Working knowledge of Jira or other issue-tracking systems
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with shell scripting
- Automated testing of user interfaces with Cypress
- Experience with data warehouses such as Vertica, Databricks or Snowflake
*Compensation Range: $100,000 – $140,000
adMarketplace has been named as one of the best places to work in New York City by Built In and Crain’s- the latter of which have recognized us the past three years straight! AMP is currently experiencing triple digit growth, and it’s never been a better time to join our team!
We offer a robust continuing education program, management training, regular company-wide lunch and learns, and well-defined career paths to ensure all our employees have an opportunity to grow.
At adMarketplace, we play to win, but we learn from our setbacks. Our commitment to a collaborative environment means no one succeeds alone, and no one fails alone either.
We know you’ve come to expect comprehensive healthcare, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, and 401k matching from any company, so it’s a good thing we offer all of that and so much more. adMarketplace offers a dog friendly office, Summer Fridays, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, ZogSports teams, happy hours and corporate retreats to encourage a strong work/life balance.
Must be located or willing to relocate to New York City Metropolitan Area
*This range represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of adMarketplace in the New York office. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience; training; associated responsibilities; and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.