Who We Are:
At adMarketplace, we are passionate about improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing user privacy. We are the largest people-led, privacy-safe consumer search marketplace.
Our mantra is to let our winners run. From your first day at AMP, you will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the company. We’re excited about building and innovating new products. We embody our five core values (known as our 5C’s) with everything we do- Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment, and Competitiveness. We believe in continuous professional growth, and offer all our employees career path mapping to ensure no one ever stops learning.
Growing Company. Small, Dynamic Teams. Real Impact.
At adMarketplace, we create best of breed consumer search technology using cutting-edge architectures with millisecond response time and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal candidate is motivated to design for massive scale and push the boundaries of using real-time data in automated decisions. Our team uses a modern tech stack including Kafka, Spark, Java/ Scala/ Python, Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoWF and Data Lakehouse.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain ad-tech related data systems and system components using Java/Scala/Python and other software technologies
- Data streaming, processing, and aggregation solutions
- Data-driven applications, ETL/ELT Pipelines
- 24/7 low latency large-scale distributed systems
- Cloud migration and containerization projects
- Clients integration automation components (Google, Amazon, LiveRamp)
- Work with team for technical implementation of Data Engineering projects, including data streaming and aggregation pipelines
- Work closely with QA, DevOps, and other engineering teams to integrate, test and release different system components (all stages of SDLC)
- Solve complex technical challenges related to low latency large scale distributed systems
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other engineers on understanding and translating business requirements into technical solutions
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Must have 5+ years strong hands-on development experience in JVM languages (Java/ Scala)
- Experience with big data and streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and Data Lakehouse
- Experience developing, delivering and maintaining scalable data streaming and aggregation pipelines
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS/ GCP/ Azure
- Experience working in a Linux environment/ Shell Scripting
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and understanding testing and deployment methodologies
- Good understanding of design patterns and effective use of data structures
- Experience building software in continuous integration and delivery fashion in an automated way
- Experience working in an agile software development team using Jira
- Excellent documentation, communication, and troubleshooting skills
Is a plus:
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, ArgoWF
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Vertica, and Aerospike
- Experience with Spring, Quarkus or another dependency injection framework
- Familiarity with Docker, CI/CD and Microservices
- Python development experience
- Digital advertising industry experience
*Compensation Range: $150,000 – $215,000
adMarketplace has been named as one of the best places to work in New York City by Built In and Crain’s- the latter of which have recognized us the past three years straight! AMP is currently experiencing triple digit growth, and it’s never been a better time to join our team!
We offer a robust continuing education program, management training, regular company-wide lunch and learns, and well-defined career paths to ensure all our employees have an opportunity to grow.
At adMarketplace, we play to win, but we learn from our setbacks. Our commitment to a collaborative environment means no one succeeds alone, and no one fails alone either.
We know you’ve come to expect comprehensive healthcare, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, and 401k matching from any company, so it’s a good thing we offer all of that and so much more. adMarketplace offers a dog friendly office, Summer Fridays, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, ZogSports teams, happy hours and corporate retreats to encourage a strong work/life balance.
*This range represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of adMarketplace in the New York office. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience; training; associated responsibilities; and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.