GetThru is hiring a Head of Customer Experience to oversee our post-sale customer relationship management.
We care deeply about helping our clients get the most out of our software, and we invest heavily in this area; customer support/success is our second biggest team after engineering. However, this is the first time we are hiring a leader to oversee these combined functions. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s Leadership Team.
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 750 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, and more. We were the primary texting and calling vendor for the 2020 Biden-Harris campaign along with numerous other successful candidates at the national, state, and local level. We are an all-remote company with 50+ full time staff spread across the U.S. and Canada. And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
You will love this job if you are:
- Someone who truly enjoys helping customers get the most out of SAAS products;
- A committed people manager who loves coaching, mentoring, and developing other employees;
- Comfortable setting ambitious goals with well-defined metrics, then leading a team to reach those goals;
- A strong collaborator who inspires confidence through your professionalism and consultative approach;
- Passionate about joining a mission-driven company that is serious about balancing financial success with values-based decision-making.
What you’ll do:
- Departmental Leadership — Oversee our customer support (reactive) and customer success (proactive) functions, ensuring high levels of responsiveness, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
- People Management — Manage, coach, and mentor GetThru’s client support (14 total staff including 2 team leads) and success teams (2 staff), supporting the development of job-related skills and overall professional development and advocating for the needs of the team at the company level.
- Support/Success Operations — Streamline client support/success operations, knowledge management, and information gathering to develop and refine efficient and user-friendly processes.
- Culture Development — Foster a culture of collaboration and respect, ensuring that GetThru lives up to its commitment of building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.
- Strategic Leadership — Serve on the company’s Leadership Team, helping to set organization-wide strategy and supporting critical decision making.
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration — Coordinate with counterparts in Product and Engineering to develop clear customer communication (Help Center, Newsletters, etc.) and incorporate customer feedback into roadmapping activities
What we’re looking for
- Minimum three years experience leading a client support/success function at a SAAS company, with direct oversight of a team of 5+ people. Prior experience managing leads or managers is preferred but not strictly required.
- Demonstrated success coaching, mentoring, and managing client support/success personnel at a SAAS company, supporting skills and career development
- Robust knowledge of client support/success operations, with the ability to streamline processes and optimize tech tools (e.g., ticketing system, project management tools) for managing customer interactions, tasks, staff, and KPIs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Track record of working with geographically dispersed teams, fostering a strong culture of communication and collaboration
- Passion for working at the intersection of politics, advocacy, and and technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable working in high speed, complex environments and building new systems and processes as-needed
While experience matters, and we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and values alignment.
GetThru is an all-remote company. Work from anywhere in the U.S. and Canada as long as there is an internet connection that allows you to fulfill your duties.
We do require occasional work travel, including an annual in-person all staff retreat and semi-annual departmental retreats (pandemic permitting).
Compensation and Benefits
- $130,000 – $170,000 base salary, depending on experience
- Additional compensation via bonuses and participation in company profit-sharing
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 100% for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
- Additional benefits: home office equipment stipend, wellness stipend, professional development stipend, paid parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology companies. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
How to Apply
Please apply by going to: Head of Customer Experience application. In your cover letter, please tell us the causes you are connected to, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this job. This position is open until filled.